Learn to create unique tea towels with this easy and fun Beverly's DIY how-to project.
Tea Towel Supplies:
Two prints (5-1/2"x32" & 4"x32")
Ribbon (5/8"x32", optional)
Edge trim (32", optional)
Sewing machine and thread
Tea Towel Directions:
READ THROUGH BEFORE BEGINNING
1. Press towel and fabric before sewing.
2. With right sides together, pin strips of fabric together to form a wide band and stitch together using a 1/2" seam. Press seam open and set aside.
3. Pin wrong side of trim to wrong side of towel with straight edges matching and stitch together.
4. Take the right side of fabric band and pin to the right side of trim (already attached to towel). Fabric should extend on both sides about 1-1/2" to 2" depending on size of tea towel. Stitch together, being sure to stitch beyond the first row so that both rows of stitching will be hidden in the seam when pressed.
5. Press seam and fold fabric to right side of towel. Pin top raw edge of fabric band to towel and stitch.
6. Pin ribbon trim over whole length of raw edge, being sure it is straight and stitch in place along both edges of ribbon Trim fabric to extend 1" beyond tea towel.
7. Fold the raw edge of fabric (along the sides) in half and press. Fold fabric over edge of towel and press again.
8. Stitch close to the edge of the towel and for a second time close to the folded edge of the fabric. Repeat on the second side. Press your decorated tea towel and it is ready to hang or give as a gift.