- -1/2 Yard Cotton Fabric
- -1/3 Yard Coordinating Cotton Fabric
- -Two, 1 Inch Buttons
- Open up the two pieces of fabric and place them right sides together.
- Sew the two pieces together, using a ¼” seam allowance, making a tube.
- Turn the tube right sides out. Press down both sides, being sure to have an equal amount of coordinating fabric on each side of the center fabric.
- At one end of the tube, fold in half with the back sides facing each other (this would be the dominant fabric). Stitch across the top and flip to the inside. You now have a point at one end of the runner.
- Repeat for the other end of the runner.
- Sew a button at the bottom of each seam to embellish.
Optionally, you may attach a tassel.
To make matching placemats, create another tube and cut in half so that you have equal sized pieces, then sew as you would the table runner.