Shell Specimen Box
- Wood Shadowbox
- Acrylic Paints- Sea Foam, Tahiti Blue, Tropic Bay Blue, Flesh, Brown Velvet, Sand Stone
- Americana Weathered Wood™ Crackle Medium
- KaiserCraft™ Distressed Wood Paper
- Mod Podge™
- Dry brush paint onto shadowbox, making sure not to completely paint an area with one color of paint. Add paints a little at a time all over box. Do not put too much paint on brush at one time.
- After painting all three colors on box, allow to dry, then add a complete coat of the crackle medium. Let dry.
- Continue to paint the remaining 3 colors using a dry brush. You will see that your box will begin to have a very old look. Let dry.
- If there is paint on the hinges and latch, wipe off a bit of it, leaving some as a distressed accent.
- Cut wood look papers to fit the spaces inside shadowbox.
- Mod Podge™ the wood look papers to the spaces. Let dry.
- Choose shells to feature in box. Arrange as desired
- Hot glue the shells in place.
- Clean glass on shadowbox lid.