Home > Shell Bottle Topper
Shell Bottle Topper
- Clear Glass Bottle
- Sea Glass
- Mod Podge™
- Food Coloring- green and blue
- Hot Glue
- Small Wooden Dowel
- Mix a few drops of food coloring into Mod Podge™ to achive your desired color. Paint on glass bottle with sponge brush. Let dry.
- With hot glue, attach jute decoratively around bottle. We began 1 inch from neck of bottle and went up the neck various lengths.
- Poke a small hole in the top of a cork that fits into the bottle.
- Insert a small wooden dowel that has been cut to fit half way into the cork and glue with hot glue to secure.
- Using E-6000™, or hot glue, attach the top of the wooden dowel to the inside of the shell.
- Lay shell flat and using E-6000™, spread sand on top of the glue and let dry.
- When dry, use a paintbrush and dust off the excess sand.
- Hot glue sea glass or other small shells, or a pearl bead in place to conceal any dowel that may be exposed and embellish.