Home > Shabby Chic Stitched Wall Hanging
- Tea Towel
- Assorted Doilies & Lace
- Printable Iron-on Fabric Transfers for light fabrics
- Vintage Clip Art
- Felt & Ribbons
- Rick Rack & Buttons
- Sewing & Embrodiery Thread
- Fabric Tac™ Glue
- Black Wire
- Cut towel to 18 inch wide by 24 ½ inches long. Fold in half with wrong sides together and stitch down the side. Turn right side out.
- Press the fabric and turn ends under to inside and press.
- Copy your Vintage designs on fabric transfer paper. Follow directions on package to transfer. Let cool. Trim and stitch edges to finish. (Tip: a good place to find printable graphic designs is www.graphicsfairy.com)
- Using all trims, lace, doily pieces, felt and buttons, stitch onto fabric or use Fabric Tac™ where necessary. Fold the top down about 1 inch and glue.
- Lightly braid 3 – 36 inch pieces of wire. Trim ends and create a hanger by making a loop in center, creating a heart, twisting at bottom of heart and then at approximately 4 inches from center on each side, curl ends on pencil to create round looped ends. Trim to fit.
- Glue tabs at top of fabric banner to hang. Work the wire hanger through the top tab which is folded over.