Rosette Party Decoration
- Double-Sided Decorative Papers
- Martha Stewart™Scoring Board
- Alcohol Inks
- 1/8 inch Ribbon
- Hot Glue
- Double-Sided Tape
- Cut papers in strips – 3", 2 ˝", 2", 1 ˝", 1" wide. Cut two strips of each with 3 strips of the 3".
- Score each strip of paper on the scoring board, in ˝ inch intervals for the length of the paper.
- Making one rosette at a time, put double-sided tape on the end of one strip and attach the 2nd strip or on the 3" rosette, the 3rd.
- With all strips of each size taped, carefully create a circle and secure at the end to make a complete circle, that will stand up.
- Carefully push down the center of each circle to create a Rosette.
- Use hot glue to secure in the middle, making sure to glue through the center of the middle hole to completely hold all of the folds in place.
- Using the decorative shells, wipe with several colors of alcohol inks to embellish. Let dry.
- When all rosettes are complete, punch a small hole on both the top and bottom of each with the exception of the bottom rosette, which will only have the small hole in the top.
- Cut the ribbon in 5" pieces and tie one end through the bottom hole, and the other end of the top hole of the rosette that will hang underneath.
- The largest rosette will have a longer ribbon allowing you to hang it from the ceiling. Our ribbon for this measures 28" long.
- When all are tied together, attach your colored shells with hot glue.