Home > Rhinestone Belt with Bow
Rhinestone Belt with Bow
- 1 inch wide Grosgrain Ribbon
- ½ inch wide Rhinestones by the yard
- 6 inch wide Sheer Fabric
- Fancy 1 inch button
- Hook and Eyes
- Hot Glue or Fabric Tac™
- Measure Ribbon to waist, add 3 inches and double it.
- Cut to length.
- Fold one end of the ribbon in 2 inches and glue in place.
- Fold the other end in to meet and over lap the first end by ½ inch. Finger press flat.
- Turn over to have right side up.
- Measure the ½ inch wide Rhinestones by the yard and cut to length of ribbon, less ½ inch.
- Glue to ribbon. Leave one side with Rhinestones ½ inch short of the edge. This is where you will sew your "Eyes" from the "Hook and Eyes." Sew the Eyes.
- Measure around your waist again and find the placement for the "Hook" of the "Hook and Eyes" on the underside of the opposite end. Sew the Hooks.
- Tear the Sheer Fabric on both edges to make it curl slightly and roll upon itself.
- Fashion into a bow, making several loops on each left and right sides. Hold together and stitch in center to secure. Cut off excess.
- Take another small strip and wrap around the center and secure to back. Attach the decorative button in the center top.
- Stitch the entire bow on top of the belt, several inches near the end where you have sewn the Hooks.