Pillowcase with Border
- 5/8 Yard Main Fabric
- 1/8 Yard Solid Fabric
- 1/4 Yard Border Print
- Cut main fabric for pillow case to measure 44 inches wide by 23 inches long.
- Cut contrast solid fabric to measure 2 ¼ inches by 44 inches.
- Cut border print to measure 7 ½ inches by 44 inches. (you may use whatever width that you like for your border print according to your fabric. Adjust the main fabric to accommodate the length.
- To make a French seam, pin wrong sides together of the main fabric and the contrast solid fabric. Sew together using a ¼ inch seam.
- Turn fabrics with right sides together and stitch again so that no raw edges are showing.
- Press flat.
- Repeat the process above , by adding the main fabric to the contrasting solid fabric.
- Press all seams flat.
- With wrong sides together, sew another French seam down the side and press flat.
- Finally, sew the bottom of the case using another French seam.
- Finish off with a French seam across the bottom of the case.
- Press flat. Snip off any loose threads.