Learn to create unique pillow cases with this easy and fun Beverly's DIY how-to project.
Pillow Case Supplies:
3/4 yard of fabric for pillow case (45" width)
1/4 yard of fabric for header (45" width)
Sewing machine and matching thread
Pillow Case Directions:
READ THROUGH BEFORE BEGINNING
1. Cut fabric for pillow case 27" x width of the fabric (A).
2. Cut header 9" x width of the fabric (B). Press A and B.
3. Pin right sides together of A and B along width of fabric.
4. Trim selvages off of both pieces being sure A & B are of equal widths.
5. Stitch 1/2" seam. Press seam towards B.
6. Pin along the side edge of header and pillow case with wrong sides together being sure to match seams. Do not pin bottom edge. To make a French seam, stitch a 1/4" seam up the side of the pillow case.
7. Press seam open, and then turn pillow case wrong side out. With seam inside, press again so the previous stitching is in the fold.
8. Stitch 1/2" seam down the side and press seam to one side. Stitch 1/2" seam across the bottom. Turn the raw edge under 1/4" and press. Fold under another 1/4", pin and stitch.
9. On the wrong side, press the raw edge of B down 1/2", then fold B so that its pressed edge lines up with the stitching line. Turn right side out and pin B in place, then stitch 1/4" from stitch line. Snip any loose threads and your pillow case is ready to cover a pillow or give as a gift!