Home > Nautical Wrapped Cylinder
Nautical Wrapped Cylinder
- Clear Glass Cylinder -5 x 8 inches
- Decorative Fabric – 8 x 17 inches
- Cording – 6 yards
- Hot Glue
- Double-Sided Tape
- Starfish – small
- Shell – colorful
- Green Moss Look Floral Wire
- Mod Podge™
- Acrylic Paint – red and orange red
- Clean glass cylinder.
- Cut decorative fabric to above measurements.
- Fold fabric in half and press with iron.
- Open fabric up and place double-sided tape under fold line. Also, add double sided tape to both sides. Fold top down and press with hand into place.
- Turn up bottom edge ½ inch and secure with double sided tape.
- This fabric can be added to the inside of the cylinder or the outside of the cylinder.
- Secure with either double - sided tape or hot glue.
- Wrap cylinder with cording from the bottom up securing in place with hot glue.
- Fill ½ of the sand in the cylinder. Place candle in center of sand and continue filling.
- To make the coral, cut a piece of wire 10 ½ inches long. Now, cut 14 – 16 pieces of wire in various sizes ranging from 1 ½ inches long to 3 inches long.
- Wrap the ends of the various smaller pieces around the 10 ½ inch base. Hot glue at joints. Let cool.
- Paint entire wire sculpture with Mod Podge™. While wet, roll in sand. Let dry.
- Paint sculpture with acrylic paints. Dab both red and orange paints to show highlights letting a small amount of dark base show through. Let dry.
- Embellish the inside of the cylinder with the shells. Bend the end of the coral and stick in sand and bend around candle to create a natural look.