Make an incredible Mardi Gras mask for "Fat Tuesday" with this free diy how-to project from Beverly's!
Mardi Gras Mask Materials:
Full Face Mask, White
Acrylic Paint in Metallic Gold and Royal Purple
Stickles Glitter Glue in Purple
Zva Rhinestone Lines, Purple
Zva Rhinestone Flourish, Green
Feathers, Mardi Gras Pack
One Large Purple Rhinestone
Hot Glue Gun
Mardi Gras Mask Instructions:
1) Remove elastic strap from mask (it will slide out
easily and can be repositioned after painting. |
2) Paint the mask with two coats of metallic
gold paint. Allow to dry completely.
3) Use a pencil and ruler to draw diamonds around
eyes and to define lip area. Paint diamonds & lips with
royal purple acrylic paint. Allow to dry completely.
4) Brush Stickles glitter glue over eye & lip areas. Allow to dry (you can use a blow dryer held at
least 12" from the project to speed the process. Don't hold it too close or your glue will bubble).
5) Outline eyes with purple rhinestone lines. Press firmly to ad here.
6) Adhere rhinestone flourish to forehead. Press firmly to adhere.
7) Attach one large purple rhinestone to chin. Press firmly to adhere.
8) Adhere small purple rhinestones at corners of mouth. Press firmly to adhere.
9) Reattach elastic strap to mask.
10) Use glue gun to attach feathers around top of mask, mimicking hair. Start at the ear line
and go up to an imaginary "part" then start at opposite earline, work your way back up again.
11) Glue three or four feathers upright behind the "part".
12) Loop gold trim in a figure eight shape and glue on where feathers meet at top.
Adhere the large rhinestone on top of the trim.
13) Glue trim around chin of mask, from ear to ear.