Note: Use a 1/2" seam allowance and sew with right sides together.
- Draw a 22" x 22" square on the paper. Draw lines from corner to corner to create four equal triangles. Using the clear ruler, add 1/2" seam allowances to all sides of one triangle. Cut this triangle out to use for a pattern, discarding the other three triangles.
- Place the pattern on one ticking color, aligning the base of the pattern with the ticking stripes. Cut the triangle from the fabric. Repeat to cut an identical triangle from the three remaining colors. This will be one side of your pillow.
- For the opposite side, place the pattern on one ticking color with the ticking stripes running perpendicular to the base of the pattern. Cut an identical triangle from each color.
- For the side of the pillow, cut one 5" x 23" strip from each color.
- Sew each set of triangles together to make a square and press. Sew the short ends of the strips together. Sew the side strips to the panels, matching corners and leaving one long edge open. Insert the upholstery foam square and slipstitch the opening closed.
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions to cover the buttons with fabric. Slide one button shank onto a length of waxed button thread. Insert both thread ends through the eye of the upholstery needle and stitch through