- Felt – Walnut Brown , Cocoa Brown
- Feathers – Assorted blues and purples
- ½ Inch satin Ribbon
- Craft Thread/Embroidery Thread
- Brown Pony Beads
- Decorative Button
- Hot Glue
- Fabric Tac™
- Alligator Clip
For the Chest Plate:
- Cut two pieces of walnut colored felt to cover chest in the shape of a shield to measure 20 inches down by 11inches wide.
- Using the sewing machine, or by hand, sew the two pieces together down the middle.
- Measure 3 inches from the bottom and mark both sides. In a decorative manner, add stitches and a small triangle of the cocoa colored felt.
- Measure from the 3 inch mark up 3 more inches on each side (on the backside of the piece) and cut in smaller to measure 9 inches on the backside, and 11 inches wide on the front side.
- Turn over with the top facing up. Cut from the edge on each side to ½ inch from the center, a ½ inch wide strip. Continue to cut all the way up to the top.
- Slide a pony bead onto each strip, close to the center. Then, slide another bead on 2 inches from the end.
- With a needle and craft thread, stitch in place to hold.
- Fold over the top ¾ inches and stitch.
- Insert a ½ inch strip of felt to make a neck tie. You can easily do this by pinning with a safety pin and sliding it through the casing.
For the Leggings:
- Measure and cut two pieces of walnut colored felt to be 10 inches by 33 inches.
- Measure and cut another strip of cocoa colored felt to measure 3 inches by 33 inches.
- Stagger those two pieces of felt so that the darker felt sticks out on the edge of the lighter felt on top ½ inch. Stitch together.
- Cut through both pieces of felt at ¼ inch intervals to ¼ inch from the stitching line.
- On the opposite bottom side, cut a slight curve to round the edge.
- Turn piece over and mark at 9 inches from the bottom on both sides of each legging. Then, mark 11 inches above that mark on both sides. Center on these markings a piece of Velcro™, and stitch in place. On the opposite side of the legging stitch a 1 ¼ inch by 19 inch strip of felt that has the opposite piece of Velcro™ attached. Do this on both leggings in matching spots.
- For the waistband, cut a piece of walnut felt to measure 2 inches X 65 inches. Fold the waistband in half and stitch so that the leggings are centered on the front of your leg and the waistband wraps around the back and comes back around and ties in the front middle with the ties hanging down.
For the Arm Band:
- Measure and cut a piece of felt 16 inches long by 2 ½ inches wide.
- Measure and cut another piece of felt of the opposite color and layer on top. It will measure 1 ¼ inches wide by 16 inches long.
- Decoratively stitch the two pieces together.
- Cut a small tie of felt to wrap around the arm band. This can be ¼ inch wide by 32 inches long.
For the Hair Clip:
- Cut 3 strips of felt to measure ¼ inch by 26 inches. Braid tightly.
- Wrap end with thread. Insert into to alligator clip, and glue in place.
- At the end of the braid, lay a feather and wrap with the ends of the braid to connect. Secure with a drop of hot glue.