Create holiday wooden ornaments for the holidays with this free diy how-to from Beverly's!
2 flat clothespins
2 paste on eyes
1 pom pom
1 jingle bell
12" black embroidery floss
Brown craft paint & foam brush
1. Paint clothespin being sure to get inside "antlers" and "legs".
2. Glue clothespins together as seen in photo.
3. Glue eyes and nose in place.
4. String bell onto floss, position under chin & tie behind antlers.
5. Tie extending ends of floss together to form tree hanger.
Craft stick and old scissors or exacto knife
1/8" white ribbon -4 1/4"
Fine tipped black marker
Craft paint and foam brushes (flesh color, red, black)
Red tinsel pom pom
Black floss (10") and needle
Craft glue and glue gun
1. Cut craft stick ends to 1 3/4" ea.
2. Paint "face"
3. Paint "legs"
4. Paint "chest" and "arms" red and leave "hands" plain.
5. Glue one end of ribbon at back of "neck" cross over the "chest" around to back and
cross back over the "chest"; glue at back of neck and trim excess ribbon.
6. Thread needle with all strands of floss, push needle from bottom of pom pom all the way through to top and
then backdown again being suretonot use the same hole. Allow ribbon to remain "on top" for hanger, knot ends
underneath and trim excess. Use hot glue to attach "hat" to top of head.
7. Draw on face with fine tipped marker being sure to center it over the legs.
8. Attach arms along sides lining them up at the shoulders.
Jumbo Snowman Supplies:
1 Jumbo craft stick
White craft paint and foam brush
2 white pom poms
A "pinch" of batting or stuffing
Orange craft foam
Black fine tipped marker
Jumbo Snowman Directions
1. Paint jumbo stick white and let dry.
2. Cut out a hat and scarf (1 "x5"). Snip ends of scarf for fringe.
3. Glue hat about 1/2" down from top of stick. Twist batting for fur edge and glue in place as well as pom pom.
4. Cut tiny "carrot" nose. Draw face, glue nose in place.
5. Wrap scarf around snowman and glue, add pom pom.
Jumbo Penguin Supplies:
1 wooden heart
Felt (2x3") for hat
Black, white, orange paint
Paste on eyes
Black ric rac
1 Jumbo craft stick
1 craft stick
Orange foamie sheet
Ribbon for hanger (10")
Thread or floss to tie hat
Jumbo Penguin Directions:
1. Paint jumbo stick black, craft stick white and heart orange then set aside to dry.
2. Glue ric rac to one 3" side of felt.
3. Gather up felt to form a tube and tie in a knot about 3/8"from edge. (Before securing knot slip ribbon into tube)
4. Glue wood pieces together as seen in photo.
5. Slip hat over head , glue on back being sure ribbon does not get glued.Tie ribbon ends together for hanger.
6. Cut nose from foamie sheet and glue to face along with eyes.