Create clear glass ornaments for the holidays with this free diy how-to from Beverly's!
Clear glass ornaments
A cup or less of snow
24" of red wire 20 gauge
2 red pom-poms
Orange Sculpey (for nose)
Pink Scribbles 3D paint
Black Sharpie fine tip marker
E6000 glue or hot glue for earmuffs
(Adult supervision required)
1. Remove top of ornament and use paper cone to fill with "snow"then replace top.
2. Wrap wire around a pencil to form coil. Gently twist off then stretch & bend to form
the shape for earmuffs and adjust to the curve of the clear glass ornament. (Each end of
wire needs to be straightened for 1/4" to glue to glass ball.)
3. At ear height put a dab of hot glue, lay end of flat wire on glue and secure in place
with pom pom on top. Repeat for second ear. Hold both pom poms in place till dry.
4. Draw on mouth with marker, and glue on eyes.
5. Form carrot nose from sculpey. Use thumbnail to make small indentations along
the "carrot" glue in place.
6. Paint cheeks last and hang to dry.
Clear Glitzy Ball Supplies:
Clear glass ornament
Scalloped circle punch
Clear Glitzy Ball Directions:
1. Stack 4 pieces of tissue paper on top of a piece of scrap paper and punch thru all 5 layers.
Toss scrap paper.
2. Find center of one circle, gently form cone shape and twist slowly. Put tiny glue dot on
the tip and place in the center of another circle, gently twist into cone shape and repeat
with all tissue circles. Set flower embellishment aside.
3. Peel and stick decorative crystals to clear glass ornament.
4. Use several glue dots to adhere flower embellishment to top of glass ornament