Learn to create unique halloween tea towels with this easy and fun Beverly's diy how-to project.
Halloween Tea Towel Supplies:
Two prints (5-1/2"x32"and 4"x32")
Edge trim (32")
Sewing machine and thread
Halloween Tea Towel Directions:
READ THROUGH BEFORE BEGINNING
1. Press towel and fabric before sewing.
2. With right sides together pin strips
of fabric together to form wide band
and stitch using a 1/2" seam.
Press seam open and set aside.
3. Pin wrong side of trim to wrong side
of towel with straight edges matching
and stitch together.
4. Take right side of fabric band and pinto right side of trim (already attached to
towel). Fabric should extend on both sides about 1 1/2"-2"depending on size of
tea towel. Stitch together being sure to stitch beyond first row so that both rows
of stitching will be hidden in the seam when pressed.
5. Press seam and fold fabric to right side of towel. Pin top raw edge of fabric
band to towel and stitch.
6. Pin ribbon trim over whole length of raw edge being sure it is straight and stitch
in place along both edges of ribbon. Trim fabric to extend 1" beyond tea towel.
7. Fold raw edge of fabric (along the sides) in half and press. Fold fabric over edge
of towel and press again.
8. Stitch close to the edge of towel and then second time close to folded edge of
fabric. Repeat on second side. Press decorated tea towel and it is ready to hang
or give as a gift