Halloween Rosette Hang Ups
- Martha Stewart ™ Scoring Board
- Colored Card Stock
- Double-sided Tape
- Twine (For Cat)
- Feathers (For Owl)
- Hot Glue
- Examples are of both 4 inch and 12 inch rosettes.
- For the 4 inch rosettes, cut 2 – 2 inch by 12 inch strips of paper.
- For the 12 inch rosettes, cut 4 – 6 inch by 12 inch strips of paper.
- You will need to make enough strips. If you don't put enough, they will pull to close, and they won't get the nice "fan" look.
- Connect the strips together by using double-sided tape. Making sure that they will still fold in an accordion style, to create a "tube".
- With the right side of the tube up, push the center down to create the rosette.
- Push down and inwards to the center all around the outside, with one hand. With the other hand, hot glue the center to hold. Wait until it is dry to move the hand that is holding it together.
- Flip the rosette over, and hot glue the center of the backside.
- Cut a small circle from the same cardstock as the rosette, and hot glue into place, to cover the glue in the center.
- With right side up, glue the faces onto the rosettes. (Patterns are attached)
- Embellish how you wish. Add whiskers on the cat. Add feather eyebrows to the owl. Etc.
- For making the vine on the pumpkin, cut a circle from green paper. From the edge, cut in 1/8 inch and spiral cut around the circle to the center. Glue the spiral to the top of the stem for a 3-D effect.
- Insert an embroidery needle with embroidery floss through the top center pleat of each decoration. Pull through the paper careful and knot in a loop at the top at whatever length you want your decorations to hang. Trim excess floss.