Home > Framed Paper Dresses
Framed Paper Dresses
- Shadowbox Frame
- Assorted Papers
- Doily/ Tulle/ Lace
- Sheer Ribbon/Grosgrain Ribbon
- Buttons, Rhinestones
- Small Jewelry Chain
- Hot Glue
- Double-sided Tape
- Black Wire
- Open frame and clean glass on both sides.
- Secure backing paper to top side of backing. Set aside.
- Thinking as you would be making paper doll clothes….cut out a bodice out of plain coordinating cardstock for two dresses, leaving a seam allowance on both sides to be folded and glued or taped together to create a dress top.
- Now, to that top gather a skirt and glue to the inside of the top. Layer as you like. You may want an underskirt, or overskirt. A grosgrain ribbon can be used as a belt. Using the decorative papers, cut out a circle design and make a collar, or a pocket. Try cutting the center from a Petaloo™ flower and gluing as you go, make another type of decorative collar. Add ribbons, more flowers and rhinestones to create buttons, etc.
- Cut two 10 inch pieces of black wire to form a hanger. Twist the wire together. Leave a 2 ½ inch bottom, folding up and in on both sides another 2 inches and twist together at the top. Roll the top end around a pencil to create a loop for a hanger. Trim off loose ends. Insert into finished dress.
- To make a purse, cut another 1 ¾ inch by 3 inch piece of paper. Fold the edges inwards and glue in place as you did with the bodice top, creating a pocket with a flap. Secure the flap down and add a button and small chain for hanging.
- When dresses are to your liking, hot glue or tape to top of backing paper at an angle.
- Insert backing into frame and secure.