Fairy Costume with Mask
- Felt – Lavender, Light Pink, Hot Pink, Light Green, Green
- Tulle – Light Pink, Hot pink, Lavender and Purple
- Foamies™ - Pink, Glitter Pink, Glitter Hot Pink, Glitter Purple, Glitter White
- Petaloo™ Flowers
- Double-Sided Tape
- Chenille Stems – Pink
- Pom Poms – Small Lavendar
- Scribbles™ – purple
- Stickles™ – Pink Glitter, Purple Glitter
- Hot Glue
- ½ Inch White Braided Elastic
- 1/8 Inch Satin Ribbon – Pink
- Needle and Thread
To Make Skirt
- Measure waistband and add two inches using the ½ inch white elastic.
- Sew ends together to create a circle waistband.
- Measure and cut strips of tulle. You will want enough to completely go around your waistband when tied on. We cut one strip for each group of the following colors: light pink, dark pink, lavender, and purple. Our skirt had 43 groups. Each tie was cut to measure 3 inches by 54 inches.
- When strips of tulle are cut, gather in one hand to make a group (one each of each color). To easily tie the groups of tulle onto the elastic we found this easy way. Step into the elastic waistband. Pull it up just past your knees and sit in a comfortable position. Fold a group of tulle strips in half and lay over the top of the elastic loop. Bring the loose ends back under the elastic, and up and through the loop. Pull down to tighten. Repeat this process until the elastic if fully covered and you have reached the fullness you desire. You can use any color combination you desire, and any amount of strips in each group of tulle strips.
- When complete, add felt flowers to waistband using hot glue, and dot here and there with small Petaloo™ flowers.
To Make Felt Flowers
- Using pattern provided cut flower petals from all colors of felt.
- Using a needle and thread, stitch along the bottom of the felt to create petals, making your felt strip as long as you like to reach your desired fullness. Secure well with a knot at the end.
- Hot glue rhinestones into the center when done and accent with Stickles™ to add “glitz”. Let dry.
- Cut out leaves from green felt using the pattern provided.
To Make Headband
- Cut a strip of lavender felt to cover your headband. Cover one side of it with double-sided tape.
- Peel of the backing and carefully center it on the headband, pressing in place as you peel. Wrap one side around the edge, then the other. If any trimming is needed, do it before you do the wrap on the last side. Round off the edges cutting it close to the bottom of the band.
- You may stitch it for extra hold if you like.
- Hot glue felt flowers in place on the top of the headband. We made ours off center a bit. Add the leaves where you see fit. Fill extra little holes or areas with Petaloo™ flowers.
To Make Cape
- Measure and cut all colors of tulle 20 inches by 54 inches.
- Cut 24 inches of a ¼ inch satin ribbon for the front tie.
- Layer all of the tulle and wrap around the shoulders of your child.
- Tie in the front in a comfortable spot, using the ¼ inch ribbon.
- Hot glue a few Petaloo™ flowers on the front ends under the tie.
To Make Butterfly Mask
- Cut pink Foamie™ using the pattern provided.
- Cut out eye holes.
- Cut out hearts and body center using patterns provided.
- Fold a chenille stem in half and hot glue the middle point to the front center of the butterfly.
- Layer the hearts using either double-sided tape, or hot glue, and stick in place on the mask.
- Curl the ends of the chenille stem around a pencil to create a circle and hot glue a pom-pom to the tops of the circles.
- Embellish with rhinestones, Stickles™, and Scribbles™. Let dry.
- Poke small holes in the sides where indicated on the pattern.
- Cut 1 yard of 1/8 inch satin ribbon. Cut in half. Insert in holes on both sides to tie on head.