Learn to create a dressy clutch bag with Glitz in this simple and free Beverly's diy how-to project.
Dressy Clutch With Glitz Supplies:
Black fabric 10x10-1/2"
Cotton lining 10x10
Heavy Pellon 10x10-1/2"
Jolee's Jeweled Accents
Sewing machine & coordinating thread
Dressy Clutch With Glitz Directions:
1. Lay black fabric, wrong side on table
with 10 1/2" width at the top.
2. Lay zipper upside down across 10-1/2" width of fabric & stitch 1/4" from cut edge. If you don't
have a zipper foot you will have to partially unzip zipper so that you can sew past the zipper pull.
Stitch a little, back stitch to secure then continue stitching down the zipper and about 3/4 of the
way down, stop, keeping needle in fabric, raise foot of sewing machine and pull zipper closed;
continue stitching to the end and back stitch to secure.
3. Remove from machine, bring other side of fabric to meet zipper and repeat process. Right
side of fabric will be inside. Remember to stop part way & move the zipper pull out of your way.
4. Before you sew up the sides be sure the zipper is mostly unzipped so you don't sew the zipper
pull inside and then can't get to it.
5. Line up sides (zipper will look like it's in the ditch) & stitch 1/4" seam. Repeat for the other side.
6. Now go to a bottom corner with the opening facing you and fold the seam towards you to
form a triangle with the seam going down the center of the triangle. Measure across the bottom
of the triangle rfrom side to side (draw a riine right there). It will be 1/2" from end of seam to
the line. Stitch across this line. Repeat for the other corner.
7.Turn pouch, triangles will be lying on the bottom.
1. Fold lining with right sides together and stitch 1/4" seams up both sides of lining.
2. Make triangles in both corners as in #6 above.
3. With the right side still inside fold raw edge 1/4" towards the outside and press.
4. Slip lining into fabric pouch and match seams so that top edge of lining goes just over the
stitching line you stitched putting the zipper on. Whip stitch lining into place with thread
matching zipper. Start stitching at the open end.
5. Decorate using Jolee's Jeweled Accents. Follow directions on the package to iron in place.