- 1 skein Sugar ‘n Cream Cotton Yarn
- Size H/8 Crochet Hook
- Blunt Point Yarn Needle
- Chain 21 stitches. Single crochet in the first chain next to the hook. Single crochet in each chain until your reach the starting point (20 single crochets).
- Single crochet into the other side of the first chain and into each of the other chain stitches (20 single crochets).
- Single crochet into each chain, creating a continuous round. Your bag will begin to look like a “canoe” by the time you have made 4 or 5 rounds.
- Continue for 13 rounds. Fasten off.
- Using a blunt point needle, weave in the ends.
- To create handle, join yarn in the eighth stitch from the side and single crochet six times. Turn, chain one, then single crochet across. Continue for 15 rows, or until handle is desired length. Fasten off.
- Use blunt point needle to attach handle on othe side.
- For flower, chain 6. Join to form circle.
- Chain 1, single crochet 9 times in loop. Join to first single crochet.
- Chain 1, double crochet, single crochet in first single crochet. Single crochet, double crochet, single crochet in each stitch around to create petals. Fasten off.
- Weave in ends and attach at base of handle.