Autumn Princess Costume
- Felt – Orange
- Tulle – Tangerine Orange, Kelly Green
- Petaloo™ Flowers – Fall Colors
- Autum Floral Picks – Flowers and Leaves
- Chenille Stems – Yellow, Green, Orange
- Stickles™ – Assorted Colors
- 1 Inch Black Grosgrain Ribbon
- ½ Inch White Braided Elastic
- ¼ Inch White Braided Elastic
- Hot Glue
- Fabric Tac™ Glue
- Hook and Eyes
To Make Skirt:
- Measure waistband and add two inches using the ½ inch white elastic.
- Sew ends together to create a circle waistband.
- Measure and cut strips of tulle. You will want enough to completely go around your waistband when tied on. We cut one strip of green and two strips of orange for each group. Our skirt had 43 groups. Each tie was cut to measure 3 inches by 54 inches.
- When strips of tulle are cut, gather in one hand to make a group (one each of each color). To easily tie the groups of tulle onto the elastic we found this easy way. Step into the elastic waistband. Pull it up just past your knees and sit in a comfortable position. Fold a group of tulle strips in half and lay over the top of the elastic loop. Bring the loose ends back under the elastic, and up and through the loop. Pull down to tighten. Repeat this process until the elastic if fully covered and you have reached the fullness you desire. You can use any color combination you desire, and any amount of strips in each group of tulle strips.
- When skirt is complete, hot glue leaves that have been cut from the floral picks randomly around the skirt. We pulled the plastic "veins" off the back of the leaves to lighten them up.
To Make the Vest:
- Measure enough felt to comfortably wrap around the body of your child. Add two 4 inches on both the top and bottom and on the ends so that you can fold back.
- Fold both the top and bottom, and sides inwards 2 inches around and press. Secure with Fabric Tac™ glue. Let dry.
- To trim the front, cut the 1 inch wide ribbon and Fabric Tac™ it 1 inch around from the edge. Let dry.
- Add decorative trim, (we used rick-rack) and Fabric Tac™ in place. Let dry.
- Add hooks and eyes for closure in front.
- Hot glue decorative flowers on the front flap.
To Make Sleeves:
- Measure Felt 10 inches by 20 inches. Cut two. Sew each piece together to create two tubes.
- Sew ¼ inch elastic ½ inch in from the edge on one end of each piece. Sew elastic 4 inches in on the other edge.
- Cut the end of the sleeve at the 4 inch elastic side in random points. Repeat on the opposite sleeve. Trim in Stickles™. Let dry.
- To the top middle of the opposite side, hot glue a grouping of flowers and leaves. Do the same on the other sleeve.
To Make the Headpiece:
- Wrap pieces of chenille stems around each other to create a circular headpiece that will fit your child. Mix colors up randomly.
- Hot glue assorted flowers and leaves that you have taken from the picks and Petaloo™ flowers.
- To the back of the headpiece add assorted ribbons in like colors and tie them in a group around the back.
- Pull out two pieces of ribbon and tie in a draping bow. Trim excess.