- Stretch Canvas
- Acrylic Paint (multiple colors)
- Painter’s Tape/Drafting Tape
- Paint Brushe(s)
- Start by painting the canvas a solid color of your choice. Let this dry completely.
- Cut your tape down the middle making a thinner segment. Place tape on canvas in desired pattern, making sure the edges stick down well. Make sure to wrap tape all the way to the back of the canvas to secure it.
- Working in sections, paint the spaces mapped out by your tape. We found it is best to press down the edges of that section to have the least amount of “clean up” later. This may require multiple coats of some colors.
- Once paint is all dry, carefully remove the tape. You may notice that some paint has slipped under where the tape was. With a small brush and your base color, carefully fix the edges if desired.